We’re happy to welcome James Hall to Off Script as a new co-host alongside Josh Nesbitt in our new podcast format! The topic today is ‘Career progression’.
Josh and James have known each other for many years and have a lot of professional experience in tech at the top level between them, ranging from agency work through to consulting. Josh runs Leeds-based software consultancy Stac whilst James runs Parallax - a digital agency specialising in websites, apps and much more. This gives our co-hosts different perspectives on the tech topics they’ll be getting into in the coming episodes and gives the listener a balanced take on today’s top topics in tech.
If you enjoy this episode, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss the next one! In today’s episode, Josh and James explore:
- How do you define a career path?
- The changes you experience as a developer as you progress up the career ladder within an agency and as a consultant.
- Knowing where to invest your time as a junior in tech to ensure suitable progression for yourself.
- What opportunities and challenges does remote working create for employees and employers?
- What can employers do to retain employees and create a rewarding career path for their staff?
- How often should companies speak to employees about progression and what frameworks are effective for this?
- Zoom fatigue and remote working.
- What does the future look like for offices with a mixture of remote working and people wishing to spend their time around people in person?
Find out more about Stac and Parallax: